Advancing the Interests of Women and the Arts
in Virginia and Beyond
Our first quarter has come and gone. What a first three months it has been. We raised over $5k for the Children’s Museum Blacksburg and have acquired a few more committed members. We are working with the museum to ensure that all donors receive their tax receipt and are excited to learn what they have done/plan to do with the funds.
If you haven’t seen the news - we have secured a matching grant sponsor. We are so very excited to have been discovered from our article in the Roanoke Times by The Secular Society. After several meetings they have agreed to match our donations for the next THREE YEARS at $.50/$1.00 up to $5,000 per quarter. So, if we reach our goal of 100 women making a donation each quarter, we will then be giving away $15,000 each and every quarter. How awesome is that?
The Secular Society is advancing the interests of women and the arts in Virginia and beyond. They are a not-for-profit Virginia Corporation organized in 2013 and recognized as such by the United States Internal Revenue Service. Currently they are supporting:
1. Free Clinic of the New River Valley - Women's Health Program
2. Pulaski Adult Day Service and Fall Prevention Center - www.pulaskiadultdayservice.org
3. Radford University - Nursing Scholars
5. Women’s Resource Center of the New River Valley - Prevention Specialist and Emergency Response Coordinator
6. WVTF Public Radio - www.wvtf.org
7. 100+ Women Who Care – New River Valley! – 100+ Women Who Care - New River Valley Chapter
With a matching grant, everyone wins! Who will you encourage to become a committed member of our group come July 19? Every additional member brings us closer to receiving the full matching grant. To sign up, click on this link… I want to be a committed member!